Sunday, June 5, 2011

First stop...Kenya!

Spent the first two nights in Nairobi. This is taken from the 2nd tallest building in the city.

Water lily in Ohuru (freedom/indepedence) Park.

School trip to the Giraffe Center. I joined! :)

Got to feed a giraffe.

Even got a kiss!

Then traveled up to Nakuru, where I visited Laku Nakuru National Park. I saw three of the "Big Five". One of them is the buffalo.

The second is the rhino (very cool!!!)

Formation of pelicans over Lake Nakuru

Baboons: Father, mother and baby

And as we were driving out of the park and I thought I wouldn't see them, I did! The third of the big five, the lion! These were two young males.

On the way back from Nakuru, we stopped at a road stop famous for roast meat. It was famous for a reason - the meat was absolutely delicious! We had goat meat. And these are goats, pre-roasted.

My friend and driver/tour guide (right), Hassan, and I stopped at his friend's stand for some fruit from the guy's farm.

Hassan invited me to his home for dinner and we took a photo all together. We had pilau, a traditional dish from eastern Kenya where Hassan and his wife are from. It was a delicious meal, and it was a pleasure meeting his family. We all got along famously.


More to come!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, Gabby. You are so adventagerous. Wishing you love, light and more adventures. From all in DK. AG

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome gabs! im so pumped you started this, i'm going to internet stalk you like woah

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! Can't wait for the next installment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gab,
    Keep blogging - love to keep up with your adventures-Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGAB! you are incredible -- so much love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually, this is cousin Cheryl. I don't know how to set up the other profile options.

    I loved seeing your pics/comments, Gabby! Was your Nairobi driver from Liberty Safari's? Was he a private driver, or were you with a group? Seems you were solo from the pics. Have you gotten to Mombasa, yet?

    ReplyDelete